Solution: Apple TV does not display YouTube favorites

When I tried to set up my YouTube account on my new Apple TV and wanted to open my favorites, everything I got was:

No content was found. There is a problem communicating with YouTube. Try again later.

Bummer! It didn’t seem to be a connection or software issue as everything else (including watching YouTube videos) worked. So here is how to fix that.

1. Go to youtube.com, click your user name and then ‘Account’. Then select ‘Activity Sharing’. (or be lazy and go directly to that page)
  2. Check both the ‘Subscribe to a channel’ box and the ‘Favorite a video’ box.
  3. Save your changes.
  4. Sorry, that’s it.

6 Responses to “Solution: Apple TV does not display YouTube favorites”

1. Jason says:

I did this and it still says the same thing and I dont get my favorites

2. admin says:

Weird. This totally did the trick for me. Have you tried logging out and in to your YouTube Account on your AppleTV afterwards?

3. Ahmed Jaf says:

I updated my apple tv three days ago but now I have nothing but computer and setting in the bottom. Where did YouTube, flicker..etc go????????

4. abujamshed says:

I updated my apple tv few days ago but now I have nothing but computer and setting in the bottom. Where did YouTube, flicker..etc go????????

5. Tim says:

I had this same problem for ages until I realised that I had two YouTube accounts.
    It appears to be that when Google merged Google+, YouTube etc not all accounts synced correctly.
    I noticed this when logging on to YouTube using a web browser, as it asked “what account would you like to use”.

Appletv YouTube app will only open videos from one of your accounts.
    What’s worse is you can’t merge them either.

The best thing I could do was to make sure my main account was used.

6. Connie Johnson says:

My issue was that I had created 2 You Tube Channels and the second one had no playlists in it. Not sure why I had created another one. Somehow the second one became the default channel and that is why my playlists were not on my Apple TV You Tube. To change it switch into your You Tube channel you want as the default (with the playlists) and Go into Advanced Account Settings. Under “default channel” Check the box “Use this channel” – Click Save and then go relog into your Apple TV account.